Monday, August 17, 2015

New Project

I give up. I'll never be able to blog the way I envision about our projects and folks prefer pictures anyway, right?

Once we moved, our plan was to stay in the New Home for at least two years. Replenish our savings, catch our breath and then either sell it or move to another project house...it was tight but we really wanted the tax break that came with living in a house two years. Famous last words, eh?

We spent an enjoyable summer kayaking on the river, vacationing in Destin and generally just trying to regroup. After a few months we got restless and I started once again perusing Trulia for a new place (Confession: I never really stopped.). I was looking at cheap houses and one caught my eye...I had seen it pop up a month or two before but thought it was in a neighborhood across town. Suddenly I realized that it was actually in a neighborhood we had thought we'd like to settle in "one day." Our lazy Sunday afternoon on the porch got a lot more interesting as we considered our options.

Insert: Real estate agent, bank, offers, counter-offers, tears.

One month later, it was ours.

The setting is lovely, the neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. The house? Well, it needs love. Lots and lots of love. This was from September of 2014. Yes, nearly a year ago.

And the new little home I blogged? We sold it in May so we could focus on fixing this one up. It will take us about a year (we hope) and there's not much we're NOT changing. There are lots of weird quirks and although it's the biggest house we've ever lived in, there is a lot of wasted space that we plan to remedy. We're adding about 700 sq ft. but I'm pretty sure once we've re-worked the floor plan, it will seem like much, much more.


                                     
 You can't see the holes in the siding or windows from this angle.



 Not really wanting to swim, thankyouverymuch.


 Master soaking tub - not level ( it won't drain all the way). Yes, that is a hole where someone fixed a leaky faucet.

The eighties called, they want their countertops back...

No comments:

Post a Comment