Friday, August 16, 2013

Our New Home - Part I

Welcome to our New Home! Part I



Okay. I admit. It's not the cutest house on the block. But when a four bedroom home in our price range came onto the market, Eric and I jumped. I emailed our agent, agreed to meet the next afternoon and within fifteen minutes, we started the offer proceedings. A few days later (and a few emails, phone calls, offers and counters), we had a contract. On July 29th, 2013, it became ours.

But this house wasn't (and still isn't) nice. If you've known us for any length of time, you know that this is our favorite type of house: cheap and dilapidated with good bones. 

First, I'll give you a tour, then I'll try to document our progress.

Master Bedroom:


From the Living room: Master to the left, laundry room on the right.


   
You can tell where the bed used to be!



   
And yes, that was carpet. We thought it was sub-floor at first. The smell  was...interesting.


It does have a nice ceiling  - the extra height makes the room feel larger.


Master Bathroom:

   

It has a huge soaker-tub...

 
and a separate shower.

The Laundry Room:


It's actually a very nice space!

To be continued...




6 comments:

  1. Hi Charis! This is Debbie Miles. So happy for you. We did an addition and remodel last year, so I know a little bit about what's ahead of you. I'm sure it will be a GREAT adventure! Look forward to tagging along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you still live in Coopers? I know your house will be a thing of beauty when you finish with it! God bless you in your work ahead! Expecting an invite to the open house =)!Love, Miss Danna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment repeated itself so I deleted it. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it so muddy on all the walls? Was it flooded?

    It's look like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one brave women. Can't wait to see how you transform the place!

    ReplyDelete